Monday, March 12, 2012

Mississippi and Alabama: A MUST for Gingrich or Santorum!

The South has always been a must-win for any GOP presidential contender.  

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/mar/12/gop-bid-down-to-southern-do-or-die-focus/

But this year it is especially critical for Speaker Newt Gingrich and Senator Rick Santorum to carry the southern states in order to amass enough delegates to go forward to the 2012 nomination in Tampa, in hopes of a face-off against President Barack Obama in November. 

As I said in the above quote in the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper, Mississippi and Alabama primaries are 'do or die' contests for both candidates. 

It's true that Governor Mitt Romney currently leads in delegates, but with MS, AL and Texas primaries on the horizon, those numbers could change the landscape significantly.  And the way I see it... it's going to come down to the Evangelicals and Christian conservative voters this year. No doubt about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts I Recommend

About Me

My photo
TN/MS, The South, United States
I'm an unashamed conservative: GOP since '72. Born again Christian. Married to Rev. Chester Berryhill, Jr. This blog affords me an opportunity to share my political and social views with those who are broad thinkers, open-minded and aren't afraid to think out-of-the-box.